2022 Samurai Ancient Warriors 1oz Fiji Silver Bullion Coin
This 2022 Samurai Ancient Warriors 1oz Fiji Silver Bullion Coin comes in a protective Coin capsule
The first bullion release in the Ancient Warriors series features the iconic Samurai warrior. Struck in 1oz of fine silver, this unique bullion piece is strictly limited to a mintage of 10,000.
Samurai (侍) were the hereditary military nobility and officer caste of medieval and early-modern Japan from the late 12th century until their abolition in 1876. They were the well-paid retainers of the daimyo (the great feudal landholders). They had high prestige and special privileges such as wearing two swords and Kiri-sute gomen (right to kill anyone of a lower class in certain situations). They cultivated the bushido codes of martial virtues, indifference to pain, and unflinching loyalty, engaging in many local battles.
Though they had predecessors in earlier military and administrative officers, the samurai truly emerged during the Kamakura shogunate, ruling from c.1185 to 1333. They became the ruling political class, with significant power but also significant responsibility. During the 13th century, the samurai proved themselves as adept warriors against the invading Mongols. During the peaceful Edo era (1603 to 1868), they became the stewards and chamberlains of the daimyo estates, gaining managerial experience and education. In the 1870s, samurai families comprised 5% of the population. As modern militaries emerged in the 19th century, the samurai were rendered increasingly obsolete and very expensive to maintain compared to the average conscript soldier. The Meiji Restoration ended their feudal roles, and they moved into professional and entrepreneurial roles. Their memory and weaponry remain prominent in Japanese popular culture.
- Obverse: depicts Fiji’s Coat of Arms, the year, weight and legal tender denomination
- Reverse: depicts the legendary Samurai warrior in battle with a backdrop featuring the mountainous landscape
2022 Samurai Ancient Warriors 1oz Fiji silver bullion Coin
Weight (grams): 31.10300
- Each 1 ounce bullion coin will be delivered in an individual coin capsule by fully insured royal mail
- Prices are all inclusive, discounts for multiple item purchases are automatically applied at the cart stage of your transaction
- If you have any questions you can ring me on Tel: 0191 2099300 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org