2019 Barbados Flying fish 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
This 2019 Barbados Flying Fish 1oz Silver Bullion Coin comes in an airtight capsule.
This new bullion Silver coin issued by the country of Barbados features their national symbol, the flying fish, which was once abundant in their waters. This limited release has an exceptionally low mintage of only 10,000 coins.
Exocoetidae is a genus of marine fish, commonly known as a flying fish. They are found in all oceans of the world, but are most commonly found in warm tropical and subtropical waters. There are 64 species of flying fish, marked for their extended fins and enhanced rigidity which enable the fish to exit the ocean and glide for great distances. The longest recorded “flight” of a flying fish was for 45 seconds! They have been known to glide for distances of up to 1,300 feet by using updrafts from wind and waves while traveling at speeds of up to 43 mph. This remarkable and unique fish is part of the national dish of Barbados which once saw massive schools around their island. This coin pays tribute to Barbados and this unique aerial fish with an attractive design and limited mintages.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The Golden Shield of the Arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the National Flower) and the Bearded Fig Tree (ficus Citrifolia). On one side of the shield is a dolphin fish symbolic of the fishing industry and on the other is a Pelican, after Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane symbolic of the sugar industry. The Coat of Arms carries the motto “Pride and Industry.”
- Reverse: Features a flying fish with the rippling surface of the Caribbean Sea in the background. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue is also displayed.
2019 Barbados Flying Fish 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
Manufacturer: Scottsdale Mint
Dimensions: 38.6mmx 3.2mm
Weight (grams): 31.10300
- Each 1 ounce bullion coin will be delivered in an individual coin capsule by fully insured royal mail
- Prices are all inclusive, discounts for multiple item purchases are automatically applied at the cart stage of your transaction
- If you have any questions you can ring me on Tel: 0191 2099300 or email me at email@example.com